TGR 'Light the Wick' Whistler Premiere Oct 8
It's coming… always THE ski film premiere event of the season, Teton Gravity Research's latest Ski & Snowboard film 'Light the Wick' is hitting Whistler on Friday, October 8th, 2010. Don't miss it.
NOTE: 3D has been cancelled, it's ahead of it's time. Oops. Wasn't up to TGR quality.
And don't forget the world premiere of the Gaper Day 2010 short film!
- WHEN: Friday, Oct 8th, 2 shows at 7 & 9 pm. Doors at 6pm.
- WHAT: TGR 'Light the Wick' Ski & Snowboard film premiere, and of course the Gaper Day 2010 short film world premiere.
- WHERE: Millennium Place Whistler, 604 935 8410
- TICKETS: $15, including all theatre improvement fees. Tickets are NOT available online. Call 604 935 8410 to reserve over the phone. No cheesy Ticketmaster fees. And get them early, it always sells out.
- AFTER PARTY: Game on at Longhorn Saloon. Beer and fireball specials, and an epic challenge of all challenges to win 2 days of catskiing at Backcountry Snowcats!!!
- EVENT Info on Facebook: RSVP on Facebook
The North Face, Atomic, Oakley, Ripxx, Powder.
HUGE THANKS to our local sponsors and supporters who are going to hook you movie-goers up with mad swag and prizes! Backcountry Snowcats, Whistler Blackcomb, Comor, K2 Skis, Surefoot Whistler, Smith Optics, Smartwool and Recco.
HUGE PRIZES THIS YEAR INCLUDE…
- 2-Days Catskiing at Backcountry Snowcats!!!
- 1 Adult Unlimited Whistler Blackcomb Season Pass!!
- Big Mountain skis from K2!
- and a whole lot more!
TGR's Light The Wick Trailer Video
About the Film
The award-winning producers at Teton Gravity Research (TGR) present their newest ski film, Light The Wick. Shot using film, HD and 3D technology, Light The Wick is about sparking the flame and watching the world's best athletes blast off.
This winter the TGR crew of athletes and cinematographers captured the most jaw-dropping footage ever witnessed. The team traveled around the world to uncharted destinations, as well as some of their favorite stomping grounds. Follow the crew as they discover the previously unskied big mountain playground of Petersburg, AK, find the best snow Croatia has seen in fifty years, ski deep pillows in undiscovered Italy, hit full throttle riding in British Columbia, and experience epic free-riding at Ripley Creek and North Cascades Heli. Don't miss Sammy Carlson and the Stevens Pass 3D experiment, the first-ever 3D ski segment. The groundbreaking dual RED One slow motion aerial shots will make you want to reach out and touch the action. Light The Wick showcases the most talented and well-rounded athletes in skiing together in one must-see film.
This project is 100% carbon neutral.
Shot on location in: La Thuile, Italy; Petersburg, AK; Pemberton, BC; Last Frontier Heli Skiing; Jackson Hole, WY; North Cascade Heli Skiing; Idaho; Oregon; Utah; Grand Targhee, WY and Stevens Pass, WA.
Light the Wick Teaser Images