Snowy Mountain Lodge Read more [...]
Place Category: Commercial
Battle Abbey is a remote backcountry ski hut perched at tree line in the middle of some amazing skiing and mountaineering terrain outside of Golden, BC.
The lodge sleeps 14 guests in three private rooms and two dormitories. Two guides, a cook and a custodian stay in the Pump House and the Abbot’s Quarters. The hut is not fancy but it is comfortable and has an eclectic appeal.
The sweet location makes for 600 meters of tree skiing below the hut on storm days, and some 1500 meter lines and ski mountaineering objectives when the weather behaves.
Photo by: Roger Laurilla Photography
- sleeps 14 guests in comfortable beds with duvets. There are 5 guest rooms.
- has a mudroom, workshop, bar, living room, dining room and kitchen.
- has indoor AND outdoor plumbing
- has a propane range for cooking and two woodstoves for heating
- has NO SAUNA but does have a WONDERFUL SHOWER, the hot water system was upgarded in 2009 so there is plenty of hot water.
- is a 12 to 15 minute helicopter ride SW of Golden, BC
- can be found on map sheet 82K14 Westfall River on Schooner Ridge
- has limited 110V AC power for charging electronic equipment
- has a high fidelity quadrophonic sound system which can play mp3 players such as iPods
Address: Battle Abbey HutOperation: CommercialFee: YesGuiding: RequiredCatering: OptionalAccess: HelicopterElevation (m): 2200Elevation (ft): 0Maintained or Operated by: Laughing Bear AdventuresSeason: Winter