This is one cool hut. Read more [...]
Place Category: Alpine Club of Canada
In the winter, the ski touring is as beautiful as the summer hiking. The scenery is stunning and as the approach trail follows the summer road, access is straightforward.
Wood stoves in both the main cabin and the Wiwaxy Cabin keep things cozy for large or small groups. Note: High season rates apply to Elizabeth Parker Hut from December 20 to April 30.
Photo by Doug Bezovie.
- General: Near Lake O’Hara in Yoho National Park
- Map and Grid Reference:Map 82N/8 (Lake Louise). Grid Ref 457983
- Hut Elevation: 2,040 m (6,700 ft)
- GPS: NAD83 11U 545726 5689508
- Lat / Long: 116 20′ 36″ / 51 21′ 18″
- Open:Open all year
- Rates: $25 members, $36 others
- Quick Description: Summer: Parks Canada bus from the Lake O’Hara parking lot and 10 min hike. Winter: 3-4 hour ski.
- Elevation Gain to Hut: Summer: nil; Winter: 440 m (1,450 ft)
- Approach Time: Summer: 10 mins; Winter 3 to 4 hours
Address: Elizabeth Parker HutOperation: Mountain ClubFee: YesGuiding: Not ProvidedCatering: Not OfferedAccess:
Elevation (m): 2040Elevation (ft): 0Maintained or Operated by: Alpine Club of CanadaSeason:
- Ski Tour